For more information on cookies please visit the IAB Cookies page here.
We also make use of the Google Analytics service which also tracks your use of our website via anonymous cookies and other means. Data captured or stored using cookies uniquely identifies you to us as but does not (on its own) tell us your name or anything else about who you are. We use this information for the following general purposes: to build up an opinion about what kind of content you want to see so that we can filter out things that we think you will not be interested in, in an aggregated form with other data from other users to give us useful information about visitors to our site and users of our player.
If you have disabled the cookies on your browser you may not be able to receive the full benefit of Our Websites or the Network Websites. However if you are viewing our website or any other website that has our player embedded we will still be able to collect information about your visit unless you have changed your Data Preferences through cookie settings.
Certain parts of Our Websites require that you register and provide us with your email address and other information. We will use this data to provide you with our services and to inform you (by email) about any future services that we may offer. If you wish us to remove your email address from our systems, just send an email to email@example.com setting out your request. Other data that we may collect from you may include:
- (if you sign up as a goviral publisher or goviral advertiser) Registration information such as your name, email address, payment details, and telephone number;
- Other information you provide to us, for example when you ask us to email certain content to a third party or when you ask us to post such content on a third party site;
- Information you have provided when you entered a competition;
- Your correspondence with us;
- Your responses to market research and surveys;
- Feedback that you provide to us;
- Technical and diagnotistic information, such as browser type, operating system, how you connect to the internet, your internet protocol (IP) address.
The information that we collect about you may be supplemented with information which is obtained from other companies that we may use to better understand you as a customer and to provide you with better, more relevant content and advertising. This data may in some cases be personally identifiable data.
How we may use Data
We, or third parties acting under our control, may use data that personally identifies you in order to:
- Operate and improve our services;
- To enhance your experience when using Our Websites and Network Websites, and our video player by personalizing or targeting the content, advertising and promotions made available to you;
- Communicate with you by electronic methods, including email, SMS, text, video and picture, about our offers, products and services and well as those provided by third parties;
- Conduct research and analyisis;
- Contact you regarding technical problems you may be incurring;
- Provide you with service messages;
- Contact you for marketing purposes or for any communications with you;
- Transfer information about you if we purchase or sell a business unit, take over another company(ies) (or is taken over), or vary out corporate reorganization. The data that personally identifies you may be disclosed or transferred along with other business assets, to actual or potential purchasers. However, your personal data will be protected through appropriate confidentiality obligations.
If you wish to change how goviral uses cookie data, you can do so by changing your internet browser settings and your flash player settings.
To change how your flash video player uses flash cookies from goviral please go here and follow the on screen instructions for changing your flash player cookie settings.
If you opt out of these technologies, you will continue to see advertising displayed on the site and our video player, however, the advertising may not be targeted to you.
Sharing Data with Third Parties
- To provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of us and have confidentiality agreements in place;
- If we are required to disclose the information pursuant to a subpoena, court order, legal process, or to any legitimate request by the authorities;
- We believe it is necessary to share this information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities.
We may also use and sell the information we collect on you by putting it together with other information we collect on other users in such a manner that does not identify you. We do not sell nor rent any information that we have that identifies you personally.
Storage of Your Data
Children under 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees or our partners who we believe reasonably need to have access to that information to provide services to you or to do their jobs. We have technical, physical and administrative procedures to help protect information about you from loss, misuse and alteration. However, no data transmission or storage can be 100% secure, and we cannot warrant the security of any such information.
You may contact the data controller, Nick Roveta, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
goviral A/S Last Published 8th November 2011.